November has been declared Parent Engagement Month. As a reminder that parents play a critical role in the lives of children and their education, this calendar has been designed as a tool for parents to GET INVOLVED and stay connected in their child’s education. Parents are encouraged to utilize this calendar to identify teachable moments at home and when participating in day-to-day activities with their child. Three specialized calendars have a range of activities and conversations for elementary, middle and high school students. Remember, it’s important to GET CONNECTED everyday.
Click here to Get Involved and access the calendars.
Is it a trick or a treat? Halloween is often associated with more stress for parents to worry about buying costumes, safety precautions for trick-or-treating, and dealing with the candy stash when it’s all over. Think Positive- Halloween can be fun, spooky, and even educational for the entire family! Here are some tips to have a safe, happy, and healthy Halloween.
Click here to see Halloween Tips for Parents
View the Newsletter online: October Newsletter
Important Reminders for October
- October 3: Picnic on the Lawn- bring lunch and enjoy with your child
o 6th Grade Lunch: 10:56 – 11:16
o 7th Grade Lunch: 11:23 – 11:43
o 8th Grade Lunch: 12:12 – 12:23
- End World Hunger- SWAG Day: Friday, October 3
- Annual Parent Meeting for Title I- Thursday, October 9 at 9:00 am in the Media Center
- Teacher Workday- no school for students on October 20
- October 28- School Advisory Council at 5:30pm
Other Reminders for October
- Sign up for Khan Academy to help with Math skills
- Support our Girls Basketball team- Student tickets $1 and Adult tickets $3
- Band Solos are October 21 from 6:30 – 7:15
- Science Fair is December 9
We hope you find the following resources helpful. Click on the links below for flyers or more information.
October Parent Workshops- FREE for parents at any area center
- Northeast Area October PLUG Calendar @ Garner
- N Central October PLUB Calendar @ Combee
- Southeast Area October PLUG Schedule @ Frostproof
- West Area October PLUG Calendar_@Sleepy Hill
Once a month we will hold a SWAG Day fundraiser. Students will be able to pay $1 to wear a non-uniform top and $1 to wear jeans. Students still need to follow the Code of Conduct about appropriate dress (Section 2.06). All proceeds will benefit the students of Lake Alfred-Addair Middle School.
SWAG day will be the last Friday of each month. There will not be a SWAG day in October.
For 2015 the dates are: Aug. 29, Sept. 26, Nov. 21, Dec. 19, Jan. 30, Feb. 27, March 27, April 24, and May 29.
October – December 2014