Tdap Vaccination is REQUIRED for your child to enter into the 7th grade!
The school will hold vaccination clinic between May 16 – 20.
If you would like your child to participate in this FREE program at school.
Please complete and sign the consent form and return it to school by Wednesday, May 11.
Title I scholarships are available for your child to attend a Summer AMP Academy. The AMP Academy is a Title I summer learning initiative serving select Polk County Public School students. AMP is a unique summer program that provides learning activities designed to promote English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, and/or Technology in a non-conventional setting through experiential learning.
Eligibility-Who can attend?
- Eligibility is based on students enrolled in one of the selected Title I school sites (2016-2017).
- Students who are selected will be expected to attend all of the dates for the camp.
- Students who need Power Up (reading interventions K-3) or course/credit recovery for grades 6 -12 will not be eligible.
Will transportation be provided? Yes, however it depends on program.
To apply: Applications will be given to students at the selected schools. Additional applications are available from the guidance counselor, or online www.polk-fl.net on the District’s home page.
- Complete the Title I scholarship application and turn it in to your school guidance counselor by May 6.
- Guidance counselors will review the applications and date stamp them in order they are received and forward them to the Title I office by May 13 to go through an approval process.
How will you know if you receive a spot? – You will receive a letter notifying you that your child received a scholarship. That will provide details about the AMP scholarship awarded and next steps
You can purchase it online at http://laams.picaboo.com.
The order deadline is April 1.
Any orders after April 1 must be placed online and you may have to pay shipping charges.
Soft cover yearbooks are $15
Hard cover yearbooks are $25
eYearbooks- available online only $2
Payments are accepted Online Only! http://laams.picaboo.com
You can also personalize your yearbook back cover and add 4 pages FREE with pictures of you and your friends!
Order Online to Personalize Yearbook
click to view our Spring Testing Information Packet
April Testing Calendar:
Here our upcoming testing calendar. Please take a moment to look at the dates your child will be taking the Florida State Assessments. All assessments are computer based, except 6 & 7th Writing and 8th Science.
6th Grade- Reading, Math, Writing (Paper)
7th Grade- Reading, Math or Algebra, Writing (Paper), Civics
8th Grade- Reading, Math or Algebra or Geometry, Writing, Science (Paper)
Most classes also have an End of Year (EOY) test. These will begin May 26 and run through June 8.
A new K-8 school under construction and scheduled to open in August 2016
see the Polk County Schools website for more information
see if you’re zoned for the new school
Please note the uniform expectations for the 2015-16 school year at Lake Aflred-Addair Middle School.
- Shirts: Must be tucked in at all times
- 6th Grade Red polo shirt or school logo T shirt
- 7th Grade Grey polo shirt or school logo T shirt
- 8th grade Navy blue polo shirt or school logo T shirt
- All polo shirts should be solid in color
- Students may wear Tan, Navy or Black school uniform pants
- No Jean, No Jeggings, No Skinny or tight clothing
- Shorts must be mid-thigh
- Pants and shorts must be worn at waist
- No open toed shoes
- No open heeled shoes
- Head Gear
- No hats or caps
- No head coverings
- No bandanna
- Outer garments: including pullovers, jackets, sweatshirts, etc.
- Be the same color as the uniform shirt (6th grade – red, 7th grade – grey, 8th grade – navy blue) OR
- Must be unzipped or unbuttoned
- A long sleeved thin shirt may be worn underneath your school shirt, but only as undergarments (i.e. must be worn underneath the uniform shirt).
We hope you find the following resources helpful. Click on the links below for flyers or more information.
Please note that students should not be dropped off before 8:30 am and the Media Center opens at 8:45 am
Polk County Schools has created four wonderful Parent Information Resource Centers that you may utilize at any time.
For more information: Brochure for Parent Centers
Once a month we will hold a SWAG Day fundraiser. Students will be able to pay $1 to wear a non-uniform top and $1 to wear jeans. Students still need to follow the Code of Conduct about appropriate dress (Section 2.06). All proceeds will benefit the students of Lake Alfred-Addair Middle School.
Description of Event: Distribution Weekr
Additional Information: School Calendarsr
Additional Information: Schools throughout Polk County will dismiss students 2.5 hours early.r
Description of Event: Student, Teacher, Paraeducatorr
Additional Information: School Calendarsr
Description of Event: Teacher Work Dayr